Wildlife Viewing in Alaska
A cruise on the M/V Alaskan Harvest in SE Alaska’s Inside Passage offers our guests a multitude of opportunities for excellent wildlife viewing in Alaska, whale watching and birding. Scan for eagles on the hunt for a fish dinner or capture the moment with your camera as a humpback whale surfaces or an orca bursts out of the water right in front of our cruise ship.
On our luxury cruise, you can relax in comfort while experiencing the best this state has to offer in Alaska wildlife surrounded by their natural habitat. Learn from our experienced outdoor guides all about the behaviors, migration patterns and lifestyles of marine and land animals in Alaska including brown and black bears, dall porpoises, humpback whales, orcas (killer whales), sea lions, seals, sea otters, eagles and Alaska sea birds.
Wildlife Viewing in Alaska – Highlights not to miss on your luxury cruise on the M/V Alaskan Harvest:
- Humpback whales migrating from Hawaii in summer
- Steller sea lions breeding from mid May to mid July
- Harbour seals resting on nearby beaches and sea ice
- A pod of orca’s feeding together
- Brown bears walking the seacoast in search of salmon
- Migrating sea birds resting in local estuaries on their way south for the winter
- Eagles circling overhead in search of a fish dinner
We also offer opportunities for Alaska sport fishing for both amateur and experienced anglers. The waters of the Inside Passage include an abundant supply of Halibut, varieties of Alaskan Salmon and bright orange Rock Fish. In neighboring tidepools, we can find crabs, mussels and clams, flounder, sea stars and starfish.
For More Info on Wildlife Viewing in Alaska